Oracle Personal edition

From: Vijay Vishwanathan <vijayav_at_iastate.edu>
Date: 2000/04/21

Hi,

I want to get started with developing on Oracle. My main application interest is in software agent-based applications for distributed databases. I plan to simulate the spatial distribution as multiple servers.

I am currently using Win 98, and am planning to download and install the Oracle Personal edition for Win 98. What major capabilities will I lose out in this edition? My only other alternative is the edition for Linux. I would appreciate any other installation suggestion for a first-time academic user. Thanks.

Best regards,
Vijay Received on Fri Apr 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT