Oracle/PHP Question

From: <phurley_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: 2000/04/20

Does anyone have suggestions regarding this question:

Oracle auto sequence insert. Using PHP and Oracle, I would like to be able to insert a row and have the sequence automatically inserted with directly referring to sequencename.nextval in the insert.

How can I go about setting up the table/trigger/whatever is needed to automatically insert the next sequence, much like AutoNumber in access and identity in SQL server. Also, how would I retrieve the inserted id after the insert, to use it as a foreign key and such for another table.

Thanks,

ph. Received on Thu Apr 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT