best Hardware for 8i

From: Kay Liesenfeld <kliesenfeld_at_databecker.de>
Date: 2000/04/20

Hi,

we want to use Oracle 8i (Standard) on a Linux-Server, what is the ideal hardware for our environment?

There are about 50 concurrent users (number will dramatically increase the next months) and we think about an Intel-based HP-Server with 2 PIII-733, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB Harddisks (RAID 0).

Is it more profitable for a database system...

...to use MORE CPUs than FASTER ones (unless we don't have Oracle EE with
parallel querying, do make more than 2 CPUs any sense)?

...to use more RAM than more CPUs?

Thank you for help,

Kay. Received on Thu Apr 20 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT