Re: altering table to make it "organized index"

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: 2000/04/19

Hi

This is filched directly from the documentation for 8(i)

Index-organized tables are like regular tables with a primary key index on one or more of its columns. However, instead of maintaining two separate storage spaces for the table and B*tree index, an index-organized table only maintains a single B*tree index containing the primary key of the table and other column values.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA