Access and Oracle

From: Heinrich Steidl <steidl_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2000/04/18

Hi,

I tried to get some informations from an Oracle 8.1.5 DB with ODBC (Client 7.3 and 8.0.5 and 8.1.5) and Access.

Everytime I get an error: (sorry its in german, but the Access version is a german one, but I think the error# 3464 must be the same in the english version - I hope so) "Datentypen in Kriterienausdruck unverträglich. (Fehler 3464) Mit dem Kriterienausdruck in einer Find-Methode soll ein Feld mit einem Wert
verglichen werden, dessen Datentyp nicht mit dem Datentyp des Feldes verträglich ist."

This error I have only I try to open a report in Access in combination with this Oracle 8.1.5. With an Oracle 8.0.5 DB - I changed only the DB, all the others stayed untouched - it works???

I hope someone have an idea?

Cu,
Heinrich. Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT