varchar2 field being truncated on insert

From: Louis <frolio_at_videoshare.com>
Date: 2000/04/18

Greetings all, I have a simple stored procedure that inserts a record into a table.
The procedure takes several arguments, all of them varchar2's. I used this procedure to populate my table and I discovered something interesting. The test data I used for one of the fields was "Mike & Ike". However, when I looked
at the data in the table I only saw "Mike", the "& Ike" portion was truncated?
I believe the problem is with the "&" symbol. I would appreciate any help that
any of you might be able to provide.

Regards, Louis
frolio_at_videoshare.com Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT