Re: User list current logon

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

In article <8dejlf$c9a$1_at_mango.singnet.com.sg>,   "Yu Jie" <dds006_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi, All
>
> I have to know all of the user current logon to Oracle server.
>
> Sometimes, our user logon to Oracle server to do some thing, but
 system(PC)
> hang on the half way. The user press "CTRL+Alt+Del" to munually kill
 the
> precess. The session should be killed after that. But it still exist
 in
> top-session(Enterprise Manager).Now we have to know which session
 acuatlly
> had been killed already. Is there any way to get this information?
>
> We are using Oracle 7.3.4 and HP unix.
> The sys_context doesn't work.
>
> It's very urgent!
>
> thanks
>
> Yu Jie

V$session shows all Oracle sessions, thier current status and has columns for the machine, terminal, and program being executed. If you join the v$sesion table to v$process you can locate the back-end Oracle shadow process for the front-end application and then kill the runaway/orphaned shadow process.

There is a net8/sqlnet parameter to locate and terminate dead connections that you may want to try implementing.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.