Can you tell if client/server connection is OK? (OCI)

From: Brad Lotsberg <lotsberg_at_willowglen.ab.ca>
Date: 2000/04/17

I am writing an OCI program and would like to be able to tell easily if the client - server network connection is OK. If it isn't , I suppose the return code from the OCI call will indicate an error, but it would be nice if I could "test" the connection at the beginning of a function and decide whether or not I should attempt to re-connect, or alternately if an OCI call fails, check the connection to determine if that might have been the cause of the failure. The ideal solution for me would be a simple OCI call that returns the server connection status, but I can't find such a call. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brad Lotsberg, EET.
lotsberg_at_willowglen.ab.ca Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT