Re: Oracle Beginners Questions

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

On 16 Apr 2000 19:18:16 GMT, hankman879_at_aol.com (HANKMAN879) wrote:

>I am considering enrolling in an Oracle Database Administrator's course. The
>course takes 16 weeks and costs $3200. Does this seem appropriate ?

I think Oracle charges in the neighborhood of $2000 for a four or five day course. I'm not sure how many actual days of instruction you are getting over the 16 weeks, but the cost doesn't seem too bad. Will this lead to certification? If not, then I think I would question it.

>Once Ive completed the course what can I expect for a salary range; and how is
>the job market for Oracle DBA's ?

The job market for Oracle DBAs seems quite good, at least for experienced ones. I'm really not certain how easy it is to move into a DBA position after taking a course like this.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT