Re: Passing db link name as input parameter to a procedure..

From: Michael J. Ort <michael_ort_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

You can use dynamic SQL, if you're really set on building the tablename_at_dblink syntax. A better choice would be to create private synonyms on the first instance for each table you will need in the other instance. That way, if you need to change the dblink name or the location of a table, you only need to do it in the synonyms rather than rewriting code:

CREATE SYNONYM tablename FOR tablename_at_dblink;

HTH,
Michael J. Ort

In article <2b9e2ffb.855bcb2a_at_usw-ex0104-033.remarq.com>,   Ben Heuer <queerczarNOquSPAM_at_unforgettable.com.invalid> wrote:
> How can I do that?
>
> If I use just the input variable name, I get the error that the
> db link is not found. If I use the db link with a colon (":")
> then it says "incorrect bind variable".
>
> Do I have to hard-code a db link name inside a procedure?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ben
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
 Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
 Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT