Re: Oracle and Microsoft access

From: James Lorenzen <jlorenzen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

Although you cannot put a trigger on a view (and the V$SESSION is based on a fixed table), you could audit the sessions by turning audit on and I believe you could place a trigger on the AUD$ table. This will require that the AUD$ table is moved out of the system tablespace and that this table is monitored and kept from growing too large. There are some DBA_AUDIT* views that reflect the contents of this table.

HTH
    James

In article <38f99c7a.264826530_at_news-server>, dyork_at_houston.rr.com wrote:
> I don't want to buy any other technologies and or drivers because that
> requires me to get the files to the clients. (NO THANKS). I was
> really thinking about a trigger in Oracle on the V$Session table, but
> I tried that and it said I couldn't create a trigger on a view.
> Essentially, I was hoping that when someone creates an oracle session
> with MSACCESS.EXE has the program name I would capture that somehow.
> > Thanks for a reply-
> > On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 01:11:07 GMT, dyork_at_houston.rr.com wrote:
> > >Yes this is quite easy and I have a corporate application that
 does
 just this.
 data ->
 linked table -> pick ODBC as file type and select an ORACLE dsn).
 click
 on it you will have to login to oracle and the you can see the data.
 and you
 can do selects and updates just like straight to oracle.
 <pavlenyi_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:
 Let me rephrase my question:
> [...]
 Oracle database with
> >>the contents of a MS Access database using ODBC. i.e. MSAccess
 writes to Oracle.
> >>The table in Oracle already exists, and I _do not_ want to recreate
 it. I only want
> >>to repopulate it with the data from the MS Access table.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT