Re: OAS on NT - Apps not starting - please help

From: Ben Walding <bwalding_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/15

I had many many problems trying to get OAS 4.07 working with SP4. After much frustration I discovered that it was incompatible with SP4. Reinstalling NT with SP3 resolved my problems and I was able to use the App Server with almost no problems at all.

It could be that 4.08 is STILL incompatible with SP4/5.

When is Oracle going to fix this!?!!!

In article <38DB3C5D.B191D5A6_at_netscapeonline.co.uk>,   moazza <moazza_at_netscapeonline.co.uk> wrote:
> What are yor orb settings ?
>
> Jason Archambeau wrote:
>
> > A few notes on this:
> >
> > 1) The "flags" in the OAS Manager will always be Red unless the
 APP has
> > been executed. The Cartrdige Server process does not start
 anything unless
> > it is invoked (usually through a URL call) and then it stays in
 memory (and
> > therefore active) until the specified timeout. It is is normal to
 have Red
> > "flags" on all your applications if none are currently in use.
> >
> > 2) When ever you add or modify an application or cartridge, you
 must restart
> > ALL of the OAS services by going to the topmost node on the
 navigator and
> > selecting ALL and then poressing reload or stop/start. This may be
 causing
> > your problem...
> >
> > "test" <service_at_sportwetten.at> wrote in message
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I've installed Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.1 on Windows NT 4
 running
> > > service pack 5. Machine has 128Mb memory.
> > >
> > > I have the following problem :
> > >
> > > The install goes fine.
> > >
> > > The Application Server service starts.
> > > I get the listeners up and have accessed static html files with
 various
> > > virtual/physical directory combinations.
> > >
> > > However, none of the applications are starting.
> > >
> > > Not the two default apps: Server status monitor app or
 Database
> > > Utilities
> > > Also not a plsql app I created using a DAD that was
 configured with no
> > > errors.
> > > When I try to run a stored procedure in the db to which the
 DAD is
> > > linked, Internet Explorer gives a HTTP:500 error, Internet server
 error
> > > Not surprising as under OAS Manager I see that all of the
> > > apps/cartridges etc. are listed as down.
> > >
> > > Why are none of the applications starting? All other aspects of
 install
 seem
> > > fine.
> > >
> > > I have tried this on another machine with same spec and have the
 same
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > What am I doing wrong?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Apr 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT