Re: database link with oracle8 when there is a global database name!

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/04/15

You can't...
The complete story is this:
If you are using the global names facility (global_names = true in init.ora) then the database link MUST have the same name as the global database name. This is beneficial, because in this setup connections are transparent as long as the same users exist with the same password. So either turn global_names off (which I wouldn't do if I would have a true global database name, using a dns domain instead of .world) or change the linkname.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Ben Heuer <queerczarNOquSPAM_at_unforgettable.com.invalid> schreef in berichtnieuws 1b01f9f8.95a44983_at_usw-ex0102-084.remarq.com...