Re: Replication ?

From: Mark Gornicki <mark_at_gornicki.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/14

(Also emailed)

Hi,
having just setup this for a client i can confirm : You need the Enterprise edition, it is possible to set up 2 masters (multi-master replication) for 2(n)-way
replication.

You can setup real-time replication BUT this requires practicaly constant availability between servers and network and is only recommended for special circumstances.

It is better to stick with default async replication and set a refresh in seconds/minutes for near real-time. The advantage is that if there is downtime the updates stack up until available.

If you wish to discuss this any further then contact me mark_at_gornicki.freeserve.co.uk
(FutureStep Consultancy Ltd)

Hope this helps
Mark