Re: c++ and Personal Oracle 7

From: <jeanch_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/14

In article <0c7ff33e.e7522361_at_usw-ex0103-019.remarq.com>,   Eric Wyles <stu2859NOstSPAM_at_mail.atu.edu.invalid> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project for school where I have written web
> based CGI program in c++. My program takes the input of an HTML
> form and picks out certain data items. I need to be able to put
> this data into a Personal Oracle 7 database.

Have you got requirement on speed; I wonder why you went down the C++ avenue ?
> I have no idea how to go about doing this. I don't know anything
> about ODBC, but I have a good grip on SQL.
>
> I am developing on Windows 98, but the final result will run on
> Windows NT Workstation.

I am not sure this will help but if you had a front end in java you could've used JDBC to interact with the DB; it's really dead easy and you could get sth up and running very quikly. Now he you want to stick to C++ then the JNI could be a solution basically have
o front-end
o JNI
o Java
o JDBC
o oracle

Have fun
JC

> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
 Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
 Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT