Re: Q. on Oracle licensing fees practice for pure development environments?

From: Edward Jong <edward_jong_at_telus.net>
Date: 2000/04/14

Looking at the licence agreement beforing downloading Oracle 8to my personal Linux Box, it seem that development licence is only if you have one person per computer.

DEVELOPMENT ONLY LIMITED LICENSE: Oracle grants Customer a nonexclusive, nontransferable limited license to use the Programs for development purposes only in the indicated operating environment identified by Oracle for a single developer user (one person) on a single computer. Customer may not use the Programs for internal data processing operations or any other commercial or production use. If Customer desires to use the Programs for any use other than the development use allowed under this Agreement, Customer must contact Oracle, or an Oracle reseller, to obtain the appropriate licenses. Customer may make one copy of each licensed Program for backup. No other copies shall be made without Oracle's prior written consent. Customer shall not: (a) remove any product identification, copyright notices, or other notices or proprietary restrictions from Programs; (b) use Programs for commercial timesharing, rental, or service bureau use; (c) transfer, sell, assign or otherwise convey
Programs to another party without Oracle's prior written consent; (d) cause or permit reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of Programs, except to the extent required for interoperability or to the extent that the foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by law; or (e) disclose results of any benchmark tests of any Program to any third party without Oracle's prior written approval. This Agreement does not authorize Customer to use any Oracle name, trademark or logo.