TNS-12571 packet writer failure

From: Paul Nutt <reply_at_ingroup.com>
Date: 2000/04/13

Hi.
I have successfully connected a Lotus Notes database (Windows NT SP5) to an Oracle table (8.05) via the Lotus Notes product DECS in R5. The only issue I have is that this morning the first record that was to be inserted into the Oracle table was unsuccessful and returned the error in the Notes log:

DECS: Monitor failure -- Error: ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure, Connector 'oracle', Method -Insert- (12571): Prod Header

Is there some kind of "timeout" setting I can adjust in the Oracle settings or is it some kind of other problem entirely? When I send documents frequently, there is no problem, but when the system is "idle" as it was last night, the error occured. This is a new setup and I don't have any more history that what I've given. :( I don't know if this problem is going to reoccur until more time goes by.
TIA
Paul Received on Thu Apr 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT