Re: How do I install the pre-created database from the CD?

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/04/12

I have not worked with the personal edition - but normally when you install oracle on your machine, it will prompt you - 'Do you want to use the standard database or create one after installation' (or something along those lines). If you say 'Yes' it will create all the data files, config files and the init file for you (using defaults). If you say no - after installation, go to your start menu and look for an item called something like 'Oracle Database Assistant' or 'Database Creation Assistant' (can't remember off of the top of my head). In other words - if you have not installed anything off of the CD yet - you need to do that first.

hth.

sonya

In article <7r3J4.334$or.27351_at_news.uswest.net>,   "Conrad" <csmith15_at_nospam_uswest.net> wrote:
> How do I install the pre-created database from the CD? Which
 folder is
> the executable located in on the Oracle8i Personal Edition for
 Windows NT?

> Thanks.
> Conrad

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT