RBSs not extending, ORA-01555

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/04/12

Hi all,

Recently we have been having problems with the rollback segments - first it was - unable to extend rollback segment...

So, I shrank all of the RBSs down to the minimum (they were created without the optimal clause) and figured that would be that. Well, not too long afterward, we started receiving 'snapshot too old' errors.

I figured that it was having an overwrite problem, and so created 15 more rollback segments, hoping that would fix it. Nope. I consistently receive this error every couple of days. Its not always the same rollback segment, its not always the same user and its not always the same program/process. All of the RBSs are STILL at their shrunk (or original, for those recently created) size - in other words, they have not extended out at all. They are all at 10 mb with the ability to grow to 100 mb. The new ones I have created start out at 50 mb and grow to 200. None of them have grown at all.

We are using Oracle 7.3.3.6 on a OpenVMS 7.1 box. Does anyone have a clue? Thanks in advance...

sonya

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT