Dataware hosue table storage help ..?

From: Mujahid Hamid <mujahid_at_pharmco.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/12

Hi All,

I need some help in setting the storage parameters for table in a data warehouse.

I have set the value for PCTFREE to '10' and PCTUSED to be '80', is this correct, is there any performance implications/degradation or advantages.

There will be mostly inserts into the warehouse at about 95% of the time and hardly any updates/deletes, like any typical data warehouse.

Please advise me on the setting of these storage parameters, If anyone is working on a warehouse and has the storage settings please do let me know.

This data warehouse is appended to every month and the initial load is likely to contain 2 million rows in a typical target table and subsequent loads are likely to be about 10 thousand rows every month, which are above 95% inserts.

I very much appreciate you help.

With thanks

Mujahid Received on Wed Apr 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT