Re: Connecting to Oracle RDBMS from VBasic

From: <vk02720_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/11

In article <8bin5a$k1n$1_at_soap.pipex.net>,   "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:
> What do you mean by all the necessary files are in place?

I meant Oracle ini file tnsnames.ora is set up so that client machine can connect to Oracle server

> If you have an Oracle ODBC driver (either MS or Oracle) then you can
 use
> ODBC
What function should I use to connect ?
For connecting to local Access DB, I use OpenDatabase() Can the same be used for an ODBC data base. I have a ODBC data source set up which I use to link tables from Oracle server to local Access DB which I then use with OpenDatabase() But I would like to connect to remote Oracle server directly

> > How to connect to an Oracle server running on a Unix machine from
> > Visual Basic running on a client NT machine ? All the appropriate
> > files/settings are in place and sqlplus can be used to connect from
 the
> > client NT machine.
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT