How to call a java program from a PLSQL cgi?

From: <robert.bowen_at_mubimedia.com>
Date: 2000/04/11

Hello all. We have a .cgi, written in PL/SQL, which dynamically generates a HTML page using passed paramaters for the names of the gifs, texts, etc.

We would like to be able to send this page via email in HTML format (change the MIME type). We have created a small program in Java, using JavaMail, to do this. My question now is -

How can I pass these paramaters from my .cgi to this Java program so it can in turn generate the same page, and email it?

That is, currently, this Java program has *most* of the HTML hardcoded.  I would like to send 3 or 4 paramaters from the .cgi to change the names of the .gifs, the subject, etc, and then mail it.

What's the easiest way to do this? Is it necessary (as I've read in some articled on technet.oracle.com) to run a daemon and open pipes between Oracle and the operating system, in order to call to this Java program? Or simply install the Java cartridge and somehow get my Java code to work within the construct of the cartridge?

Thanks for any advice!
syg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 11 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT