Re: MS ODBC connections have vanished with 8.1.6 - Help

From: Ray Porter <ray_porter_at_unc.edu>
Date: 2000/04/11

I don't have a solution but I'd be very grateful if you would consider sharing a solution if you find one. I just installed Oracle 8.1.5 and have been completely unable to get the MS Oracle ODBC driver to work (I've tried the drivers supplied with both MDAC 2.1 sp2 and MDAC 2.5 with no luck). The Oracle ODBC driver that came with 8.1.5, SQL Plus, etc., all work fine. I'd prefer to use the MS driver if I can make it work given all the bad reports I've heard about the Oracle supplied driver. It'd also be one less think to install since all my client workstations will have MDAC anyway.

Thanks,

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: ray_porter_at_unc.edu
       dragon_at_email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."