Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: Mike Irwin [CTech] <ctech_at_corel.ca>
Date: 2000/04/11

<<I am not an Oracle Certified DBA and I don't know how to do it.>>

I'm not 101% sure what the "it" is (<gg>) but lets assume that it's testing databases. I can assure you that getting certification by any company isn't going to teach you how to make a meaningful comparative analysis between them and anyone else ! In fact, certification in and of itself means relatively little - it's what you can learn to do that counts.

There are tools that will help you stress database systems - you should be able to find them relatively easily, or else you can allways make your own, with the help of a programmer or two !

--
Mike Irwin                    It's not because things are hard that we
[Volunteer CTech Sysop,       don't dare them; it's because we don't