Re: Do not visit this website !!!

From: Larry Linson <larry.linson_at_ntpcug.org>
Date: 2000/04/09

In article <1%1I4.10000$y4.368225_at_newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
  "Jim Carey" <dumb_at_dumber.com> wrote:

> Do not visit http://xxx.yyy.zzz

We all know that USENET newsgroup rules prohibit advertising in all newsgroups except those whose charters allow it. We all know that the charter of comp.databases does not allow it. Usually, that results in a gentle admonition, but...

Clearly this was spam; clearly the poster knows it was spam because of the fake name and address; showing all the original headers revealed a Complain-To of abuse_at_earthlink.com, and I did complain to them. If enough of us do, then it improves the probability that some action will be taken.

--
 L. M. (Larry) Linson
  Access example databases at http://homestead.deja.com/user.accdevel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/