Re: Microsoft destroys TPC-C records!

From: DNP <High.Flight_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 2000/04/08

Well some people deal in words, others deal in actions.

To everyone who read this article and agreed with it - please go ahead and start implementing solutions in SQL Server. You'll simply speed up the 'evolutionary process' which will eventually see the true technical champions win out in the end.

Microsoft is a marketing machine first, RDBMS vendor second. Ever noticed the lack of technical details and reasoned arguments in their literature - ever wondered why they're not there - ever wonder why every MS representative you ever see quoted in the press is Mr(Mrs) XXX YYYYY , Product Marketing Manger????

When was the last time you ever saw a detailed quote from Mr(Mrs) AAA BBBB , Technical Development Manager???

Get the picture yet?

MS has done the job of box-shifting very well. It just happens that the boxes contain software Cd-Roms that some young(ish) programmers dreamt up.

David P.

Oracle Certified DBA.