Re: Migration from SQL-Server 7.0

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/04/08

This is the usual disease, which can be remedied by a prescription of RTFM. or consulting
http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ResultSets/index.html as has been posted _many many_ times in this newsgroup.

Also, you are comparing a recent version of sqlserver to a version of Oracle which goes out of support soon. The current version is Oracle 8i and your second example is possible using 8i.

My experience is people with a sqlserver background are expecting everything to function in Oracle _exactly_ the same way, and they start complaining about Oracle immediately when this doesn't proof true. Of course they just started 'somewhere', which is usual in the Microsoft world. So that's why my orginal last sentence was a bit cynical.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA