Re: Decode greater than syntax

From: <rainbow24k_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/07

IS this it???

        select decode( GREATEST(A,B), A, 'A is greater than B', 'B is greater than A')...

I'm trying to make it easy on you experts! :)

Any way I almost have it working, except now I'm struggling with inconsistent data types.

Later!

Suzan ....I'll probably have to post my own answer again. And this is my first time ever asking a question in here. :D

In article <8clcsd$avc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   rainbow24k_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Could someone please help me figure out how to accomplish the
 following:

> DECODE((RECEIVED_DT - Sysdate) > REQ_DT, TRUE, FALSE) AS CAPTURE
>
> Basically, I'm wanting to set CAPTURE to True or False depending on
> whether RECEIVED_DT is greather than REQ_DT. Hope this makes sense.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Suzan
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT