problems with ODBC to Oracle 8.1.5

From: Ray Porter <ray_porter_at_unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:11:34 -0400

Hi guys,
We just setup a test Oracle server on NT to use as we begin migrating our stuff from Sybase to Oracle. I can connect to the server and see the available tables just fine using ADO but I can't get an ODBC connection from MS Access or an application of my own to work. I've defined the ODBC data source using the same server name I use when setting the ADO connection string but I always get the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle] (#0) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (#0)

An SQL trace really doesn't show any more information than this though I'll be glad to run one and send it to anyone willing to look at it.

I'm running MDAC 2.5 on a Win98 machine . The database is an Oracle 8.1.5 database on an NT4 (sp5) server. The ODBC driver is Microsoft's ODBC Driver for Oracle, version 2.573.4403.00.

Thanks,

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH Phone: 966-5878
email: ray_porter_at_unc.edu

       dragon_at_email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup." Received on Fri Apr 07 2000 - 08:11:34 CDT