Pro*C on UNIX ( HP-UX ) - what to link

From: Don <chambers_at_inquiregroup.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2000 09:38:03 -0500

I am new to PRO C programming and will be writting a Pro*C application that runs on HP-UX. I need some help setting up a development environment.

I can find lots of documentation on how to program with Pro*C but none on how to set up the environment. I need to know which header files must be included and which libraries must be linked. Is there any good documentation that describes how to setup the development environment?

I have created a sample program that runs on Widows NT. I used Visual C++ integrated with Pro*C and everything works fine.

My intent was take the resulting C file and compile it on the HP. I could not get this to work. Then then took the PC file and ran it through the Pro*C precompiler on the HP (which worked without errors). I tried to compile the resulting C file and got the same error. This is a linker error.

I think the problem is that I should include some libraries but I am not sure which ones.

I am using SoftBench for my compiler. Does anyone know of a better Integrated Development Environment for the HP?
 Microsoft has spoiled me with context sensitive help, syntax highlighting, and integrated third party components.

thanks,

	Don
	chambers_at_mindspring.com