About to migrate from Access to Oracle, I have some questions.

From: wjcott <wjcottington_at_mapllc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:05:13 -0400

  1. Is there a graphical administrative tool that can be used on a client machine to administer a server. I do not plan on having much physical contact to the actual sever machine and was curious if that will be a problem.
  2. The database will be a backend to a Excel "App". Currently, I am using DAO with Access database(s). Most of my actions are in coded SQL statements, as opposed to stored queries. Will the DAO SQL statements be compliant with Oracle?
  3. Does Oracle allow for the storage of ofter-ran queries.
  4. Are there any books that can give me a good feeling for the Oracle environment and still be understood by somebody with limited experience.
  5. For those that have done this sort of migration, was it as "painful" as you thought or am I overly concerned about the difficulty of this upgrade.

Thank You for your time,

Bill Received on Fri Apr 07 2000 - 07:05:13 CDT