Re: Maximum global variables????

From: <rtproffitt_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:56:26 GMT

Terry,
> EXEC SQL SELECT CELL_NO, PORT_NO, BETALINK, SPINDLE
> INTO :cell_no, :port_no, :betalink, :spindle
> FROM SPINDLE
> WHERE OPERATION = :operation;

TOO_MANY_ROWS is caused by more than one row returning to the implied cursor.

If you run the select by itelf with operation 9999 you will see many rows returned.

I think you said it yourself:
>...OPERATION is NOT an index (an operation will be
> unique, except a spindle without an operation assigned will be 0, so
> there will be many zeros, but we make sure there is only one operation
> of a non-zero number.)

Even though you say that you make sure there is only one non-zero number, your query does not reflect this. You need something like:

   EXEC SQL SELECT CELL_NO, PORT_NO, BETALINK, SPINDLE    INTO :cell_no, :port_no, :betalink, :spindle    FROM SPINDLE
   WHERE OPERATION = :operation
   AND Spindle != 0;

Robert Proffitt
Beckman Coulter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 10:56:26 CDT