wierd rollback segment behavior - 8.0.5 on NT 4.0 Server

From: Dave Bottom <dlbottom_at_ime.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:28:00 -0400

I have a database that I'm attempting to load. Currently I have 5 datafiles in the RBS table, with two segments RB0, RB1. Datafiles are set for 0% increase.
I'm not running the database in archivelog mode.

The rollbacks filled up and the extents don't roll over. I can shutdown the database and restart it, the rollbacks are still full.

Unless I totally misunderstand, the extents in the rollbacks should become inactive, and available again once the data load has been committed.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

dave

dlbottom_at_ime.net Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 10:28:00 CDT