Unrecoverable (nologging) during index creation

From: <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 07:29:35 GMT

Hello all,

   I want to speed up the importing process. I read Oracle books and know that using unrecoverable or even nologging (Oracle 8) can make a faster import (since I can load the data first, then create the index later using unrecoverable). I am using Oracle 7.X now, so that the only solution is using unrecoverable. I want to create the index by using unrecoverable option. What are the risks of using this option? Some books mentioned that using this option in creating the index has the risk that the recovery cannot be done. However, since I got the exported file, if anything went wrong during importing, I can import the index again by using the same exported file. Am I right?

   And how can I set the index back to "recoverable" after creating the index? IF I am using nologging, how can I set the index back to "logging" after creating the index?

Thanks,
Alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 02:29:35 CDT