Re: group by problems

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:33:08 +0200

Your group by is on status, that means ALL the other columns need a SUM or a COUNT or similar.
You could try to resolve it in this way (taking a different example)

select d.deptno, d.deptname, totsal
from dept d
, (select deptno

   , sum(salary) totsal
  from emp
  group by deptno) e
where d.deptno = e .deptno

This example is using the 'inline view' concept and it shows you the combination of aggregate and non-aggregate columns

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA