Re: find out timezone for SYSDATE?

From: chadwick <poleetea_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:44 +0800

Dear Mark,

If you just want to do date conversion, you can try this

for example:

SELECT NEW_TIME(sysdate,'EST','GMT') from dual;

to convert Eastern Standard Time to GMT, or

SELECT NEW_TIME(sysdate,'EDT','GMT') from dual;

to convert Eastern Daylight Time to GMT.

I found this at the web site of
http://www.orafans.com/bbs/rdbmssql/bbs.htm . If the above SQL are not what you want, you may post you question in the above site.

Chadwick Leung.

Mark W Modrall ¼g¹D¡G