Sizing System Memory/CPU for Oracle

From: Marcus <pmf.news_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 20:37:53 +0100

Does anyone know how to calculate the system requirements (Memory and CPU etc) for a Oracle Database, or where I can obtain any guidance?

I will have about (on average) 158 concurrently active users, using 16 Oracle Modules!

I have to size a Server for an Oracle DataBase. Is there a sizing guide or do/have you had this in the past? I was (a long time ago) told to calculate about 4MB per user plus a bit etc? I think DataBases have gone past that calculation method now!

Any help would be very appreciated.

Marcus Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 14:37:53 CDT