Re: umlaut prob

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 20:13:20 +0200

Check nls_database_parameters and nls_instance_parameters. Language doesn't really matter, the correct initial value for Western Europe is
American_America.WE8ISO8859P1.
This is also the correct value of the NLS_LANG registry key on the client or it won't work at all.
You'r losing the 8th bit somewhere.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA