oci jdbc on solaris x86

From: <byoon_at_orangehub.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 18:24:13 GMT

I am having trouble successfully running the JdbcCheckup example file that comes with Oracle (just checks that JDBC is working)

Running Oracle 8.1.5, tried for JDK 1.2 and 1.1, Solaris 8 on x86. I do have the classes12.zip in the Classpath and the oracle driver does successfully load, but I believe there is a problem with the shared object file (libocijdbc8.so) in
[ORACLE_HOME]/lib
Error Msg is:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc8 in shared library path

I can successfully use the thin driver with modifications to the DriverManager.getConnection parameters.

I found the driver .so file on the Oracle website but I believe that's only for a solaris sparc, no good for intel. In any case I've tried that too, any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 13:24:13 CDT