Client ONLY silent install

From: <chartier_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:29:45 GMT

I'm trying to create a client only silent install. I installed the client on a machine normally and took note of exactly what modules
(components) were installed. Then I used OSP to create a staging area
on my local hard drive with only those modules. I then created a response file in that newly created staging area. I edited the response file to install the client to a oracle home other than the "normal" oracle home (C:\ORADEMO). I then copied the entire install directory off the installation CD to my hard drive, which included the oracle installation program (Universal Installer). When I run setup from my hard drive, nothing happens ... so I ran it from the installation CD, it ran, however when I tried to install the client, the setup
(universal installer) program complained that the OO4O, ODBC and some
documentation component ( I can't remember which) could only be installed in the default oracle home (in this case C:\ORANT). Nowhere can I find an option that would allow me to split up the install or indicate to the installer that its ok to install the components which need to be in the default oracle home to do so ... any suggestions?? I need to install to a oracle home other than the default so I don't cripple older installations of oracle needed for legacey software when I distribute my application.

Prescott Chartier
chartierpw_at_npt.nuwc.navy.mil

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 11:29:45 CDT