Help implementing Public RBS

From: Sidhe <sidhe_at_home.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:03:33 -0500

Oracle support has been absolutely no help on this and the documentation leaves much to be desired.

We're running Oracle 7.3.4.2 on AIX 4.3.2.

I'm trying to create several PUBLIC rollback segments to be used by my 3 instances. Here's what I did...

Dropped all current RBS's in all instances Deleted all current Rollback Tablespaces in all instances Created new Rollback Tablespace in PROD instance Created 5 new PUBLIC RBS's in PROD instance Removed RBS parameter in INIT.ORA files for all instances Bounced all instances

Here's what happened...

The PROD instance with the 5 new public RBS's came up with only 2 of the 5 in an online status

(remember I REMOVED the RBS parms in the INIT.ORA's)
The DEV and TEST instances came up fine but blow up trying to use the system RBS

(it's like they don't know about the public RBS's)

Furthermore...
I've tried putting the RBS parameter back in the INIT.ORA but that only allows PROD to come up with all 5 RBS's online and DEV and TEST won't even start because they claim I'm referencing RBS's which do not exist.

So my question is... what am I doing wrong? What is the correct method of implementing PUBLIC Rollback Segments?

Thanks in advance,
Roger Westbrook DBA/Sys Admin
Dollar General Corp
rwestbrook_at_dollargeneral.com Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 11:03:33 CDT