HH:MM if today, else Mon, DD in SQL?

From: Otis Gospodnetic <otis_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 02:50:39 GMT

Hi,

I have a table that has a column with dates. When I get rows from that table I would like to be able to show hours and minutes if the date happens to be the current date(i.e. today); otherwise I would like to display month and day.

For example, say that I'm displaying something like a to-do list:

task time due

meet Jackie 01:37
wake up       09:56
buy shoes     April 10

go to Jelsa April 01

Is this doable in SQL without stored procedures and without post processing of result set (comparing retrieved dates with current date)?

Thank you,

Otis
P.S.
Hmm...looks like an SQL question....but I am running Oracle 8.1.5.0.2 on Linux actually :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 21:50:39 CDT