Re: ORACLE TCP port usage

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 23:54:26 GMT

You'll have to search dejanews but there was a detailed posting a month or so ago. The gist was that while you can specify which port to use (1521 and 1526 are the most common), going through the firewall may involve a random assignment of ports so that you can't just list them in tnsnames.ora. Find the post cause it has the solution.

Van