AWT + JServer to produce image files etc.

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 23:41:20 +0200

According to the documentation it's possible to use AWT with JServer provided that no user interface is materialized. This makes sense seen that we're running in the server.

However, it does make sense to use AWT for in-memory rendering of graphical stuff and then producing an image file or something. I'm looking at a pure Java report generator that I'm trying to load into the database, but when I run my program that calls the report generator (no user interface) I get a NullPointerException after the report generator has tried to initialize a font, which provocates a call to
GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment().

Has anyone tried this or something similar? Do you have any sample code that demonstrates how it's possible to use AWT objects to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Finn Ellebaek Nielsen
ChangeGroup ApS Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 16:41:20 CDT