Re: something like mysqlDump?

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 18:40:03 GMT

In article <38EA2FEA.CD05FBBC_at_web-active.com>, Martin Meister <meister_at_web-active.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing on an oracle 8 system. We've one develop-system and a
> live system.
>
> Now I need the datas from the develop-server on the live server.
>
> I got the database-definition equal on each system, the Databases are
> normal relational systems without using the extended functionality of
> oracle.
>
> My Question: Is there something like the dump in mysql to get simple
> database queries, which i can use to migrate with my datas from one
> server to the other??
>
> Or is there an oracle standard tool, what i could use??

the tool is EXP and IMP.

See the server utilities guide. http://technet.oracle.com/ has it online if you need it.

--
Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/index.html --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 13:40:03 CDT