What privilege allows DBA's to execute query?

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:07:27 -0800

We have an application (Forms 6) that issues the seemingly simple query shown below that only DBA's can successfully execute. All other users receive the messages ORA-00604 (Error occurred at recursive SQL Level 1) and ORA-01000 (Maximum open cursors exceeded).

SELECT ROWID,FIELD_1,FIELD_2,...FIELD_40 FROM USER_VIEW WHERE (FIELD_1=:1) All users have Select privileges on the view as well as on the underlying tables, and all users, including DBAs, use the same profile. Since it works for DBA's I don't think it's the Open_cursors parm in INIT.ORA, unless some DBA privilege overrides that, but I can't figure out what privilege (or combination of privileges) DBA's have that lets them execute this. Any ideas?

Thanks. Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 12:07:27 CDT