Help... How to determine GMT time in Oracle?

From: Eleanor Sokol <eleanor_sokol_at_bmc.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:05:48 -0500

Hi...

I need to be able to convert sysdate to GMT time. Is there an way to do that with Oracle? I've looked at new_time but it only does certain time zones not all.

I guess the other questions are can I determine: 1. Current time zone (i.e . CST or CDT) 2. The time offset from GMT

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd appreciate it if you would also email your suggestions to: eleanor_sokol_at_bmc.com.