Re: performance of Oracle 8.x on HPUX, NT?

From: Jerome <jdorgueilh_at_businessobjects.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 11:40:48 +0200

IMHO oracle is faster on unix than on NT because of the implementation. It seems that each sessions on NT is threaded, on unix for each session you have a server process.

One major difference between the 2 OS, I noticed that Unix is much more stable, I used to do benchmarks on our products I have never had a crash on unix.

For benchmarking tool you can use QA load, I think it is expansive but it is the only one I know.

Jerome