Copying a record

From: Michael Engshun <michael.engshun_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 19:35:22 GMT

Hi everyone.

Using Oracle 8.x , VB 6.x, and ADO 2.x, what is the best way to copy an existing record from a table, change the primary key and insert it?

Basically I have a recordset that I'm using as a template, and the only thing that changes is the primary key for the actual instance (like copying a employee record).

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
M. Engshun
michael.engshun_at_usa.net Received on Mon Apr 03 2000 - 14:35:22 CDT