creating a flat file, using 2 or more tables

From: Ruud Schmeitz <R.Schmeitz_at_MEMIC.UNIMAAS.NL>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:19:22 +0200

Hi readers,

We have an Oracle database which contains a parent table and 15 child tables (1:n).
Our clients use specific data-analysis software, which requires a flat file as input. This flat file (with only 1 record for every patient) should contain the data from the parent table and 1 or more child tables.

The question of course is, how to create this flat file ? I can't use a SELECT statement for this, because then I get (much) more than 1 record for every patient.

Is there an easy way to do this in Oracle ?

Tia,

"Live Long and Prosper" - Spock
"And let Wisdom be your Guide" - Spock's brother

Ruud Schmeitz
Universiteit Maastricht Received on Mon Apr 03 2000 - 08:19:22 CDT